Monday 30 December 2013

Day 4 of 233 - BIKE


Once again I woke up before my alarm today but this time I had planned to complete an extra swim session this morning. After deciding that this wasn't going to happen and that I actually wanted a couple more hours in bed I turned it off and didn't wake up until 8:30am, I love the school holidays sometimes.

Anyway, after getting the train tickets for Rosy's birthday surprise (we're heading to Paris on the EuroStar to visit DisneyLand, the Eiffel Tower and lots of good food) there was just enough time for my planned bike ride. I decided that it would be better to use my Claud Butler hybrid, which I decided to call Kate, as it is still wet outside and I'm sure somebody once told me it's good to train on on that while race on the roadie. Unfortunately though, I left the ride a little too late and had to cut it slightly shorter due to lack of sunlight. It was still worth going out and it was nice to get the legs spinning again while trying to keep the heartrate within zone 2 (131-149BPM).

End results
Distance - 8.05 miles
Time - 43:33.87
Avg HR - 149
Avg pace - 5:25

It's not totally bad but it's also not where I really want to be at the moment. 

No comments:

Post a Comment